Exchange 2013 has caused me nothing but untold stress for the last few months and was hoping CU2 would fix all the problems we had.
Just some basic information on how to update the system to CU2:
Best practice to put system into Maintenance mode (I personally didn’t but you should)
1. Set-MailboxServer <servername> -DatabaseCopyActivationDisabledAndMoveNow $True
2. Set-ServerComponentState –Identity <servername> –Component HubTransport –State Draining –Requester Maintenance
3. Suspend-ClusterNode –Name <servername>
4. Set-MailboxServer –Identity <servername> –DatabaseCopyAutoActivationPolicy Blocked
1) Download / Extract the Update into a Folder
2) Open CMD/Powershell change directory to setup.exe of extracted folder
3) Run setup.exe /prepareschema /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms
4) Run setup.exe /prepareAD /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms (this is where I was getting the error)
5) run Setup.exe and do the Next Next Finish until complete!
The error I got had this right at the bottom:
‘CN=Exchange Online-ApplicationAccount,CN=Users,DC=ateaedge,DC=no’ already exists.”
Not sure this is the correct/smart thing to do but I deleted the account and rerun /prepareAD and my install went through smoothly!